Tuesday 12 April 2016

Pixel Art

This weeks task, I was assigned to create a robot in the form of pixel art. Pixel art is a very stylised and simple art style which was derived from the early days of gaming when screen resolution and colours were limited. 

I created a very typical looking robot, with arms, legs and a simple square face with a computer screen panel for his eyes and body. I had created this in Photoshop and had zoomed in far enough so i could see the single pixels. I used a pencil simply because most Photoshop brushes use anti-aliasing which means it smooths the brush stroke, this is not what i wanted to create a piece of pixel art, but before this, I was shown how to draw an isometric piece of pixel art, so we designed a 3D cube. 


This is the design of my finished robot, I used bright and bold colours so it would stand out from being a typical robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment