Thursday 14 April 2016

Pre-Production

Our first time in the Studio, we were given instruction to create a barrel in Maya. First we selected the cylinder, this then automatically appeared and we had to select the face on the top of the cylinder only and pressed the button for extrude, I was then able to select the arrow going up and I could manipulate this to expand creating a ridge where the barrel would have bands wrapped around it. I did this process several times in order to get the shape, in the process i also used the bevel tool which would allow me to create a smooth edge on the top of the barrel so it doesn't appear to sharp and again to create the dent on the top on the barrel, to give the impression something my be inside or a lid.


Once I made the barrel and adjusted it, I went on to open the UV settings and selected UV map. I then neatly separated the lines, this was so that when I had applied my own texture in Photoshop I could see what I was applying my texture too, for example, the bands i wanted to be gold and the lines made it evident which part that was.


No comments:

Post a Comment