Thursday 4 February 2016

Steampunk Helmet

For this weeks assignment i was instructed to design either a character, vehicle, machine or a device that consisted of a steam punk theme. I decided to create a device that could be used by a character, this was a helmet. Below clearly shows a mood board with various designs of steam punk helmets, i picked these specific pictures as these helmets stood out to me the most and gave me a considerable amount of inspiration for my own designs.



Secondly, I sketched out three initial designs in Photoshop using the brush tool, with the influence from the helmets in the mood board, like the majority of the helmets in the mood board and in relation to steam punk I noticed that bolts and cogs appear to be a popular component to use in steam punk in general, so i decided to draw them into my designs.                      
The image below is my final design, for this, i decided to combined elements of all three initials to create the final helmet. I used Photoshop again to do this, I coloured the background to make the overall final design to stand out, as well as picking two colours that resemble the gold and also the rusty iron colour and i had selected the filter menu, then render and used clouds to get the discoloured rusty effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment