Monday 23 November 2015

Life Drawing


Throughout my life drawing sessions, I have drew several different real life models, my sessions involved exploring perspective, different art techniques, colour and positions. I have picked my top drawings and uploaded them to this blog post.

For this image we were exploring combining two art technique, i tried to using black pen and purple felt tip. I found this went well and using the purple felt tip to shade and the black pen for the outline and detail. 

These drawings were all 3 minute quick sketches of the model in different positions.

These drawings were all done in 3 minutes each of the model using charcoal.

This drawing is one of my favourite drawings, i thoroughly enjoyed drawing in perspective, drawing the woman's feet smaller and the upper half bigger, i also tried to shade to enhance the detail using charcoal, which i could easily smudge with my finger's.

This image looked at capturing perspective whilst the man posed inside a square frame. We were asked to look closely as the square frame sizes and then to use as a guideline to help us draw the man inside to the correct proportions.

This was another perspective drawing we had done.

I used charcoal to draw this woman laying on a mattress, i tried to shade in the woman as well.



With this drawing i used both charcoal and pencil, as i feel that i am better using pencil when it comes to detail and shades. 
I drew this using a purple crayon, i found this fun and interesting to do. With the crayon i tried to colour the background on the right hand side to show composition and light.

The lady in this drawing was sitting down and i used charcoal to quickly sketch her using simple shapes.
I used orange felt tip when drawing this man holding a stick. I thought his position gave me an advantage when it came to drawing the pose.
I was focusing on trying to get the body proportions correct with this lady, you can see briefly the number of heads going downwards as i tried to measure the body.

I used a number of different coloured felt tips, i tried to colour in the body were it would be considered warm as well as cold. The cold areas were the blue and the warm were the red whereas the yellow was meant to be average.

I drew the left image in green pen and the right in purple felt tip, i found this fun using different art media, i thought the purple made the image stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment